Did someone say summer? Grab your sunglasses ‘cause that SoCal sun is shining bright… and reminding all of us that bikini (or board shorts) season is right around the corner. Whether it’s pool parties, bonfires or long, lazy beach days at La Jolla Shores, it’s safe to say quite a few of us are (trying) to work towards that beach bod.
If you’re looking to kick your pre-summer workout up a notch and find your warm weather Zen, we’ve got six San Diego studios that you need to check out now!
- American Boxing – Pacific Beach, San Diego – A San Diego boxing staple since 2003, this highly rated gym offers an intense workout for all skill levels. Specializing in everything from Muay Thai to HIIT, American Boxing has a wide variety of workouts for both adults and kids. Classes are always kept small here so you get consistent hands-on training and coaching from their experienced staff.
- Breakthrough Healing Arts – North Pacific Beach, San Diego – Located a few blocks from the ocean, this wellness center will have you floating on a cloud! With a focus on massage, Reiki, nutrition consultations, life coaching, yoga, and Qigong, Breakthrough Healing Arts will help you find balance in a welcoming and non-judgemental environment.
- Indie Yoga – Ocean Beach, San Diego – A smaller studio with a huge heart, Indie Yoga offers a completely comfortable and soothing vibe that is welcoming for all levels. Adjacent to the shoreline (I can hear the ocean calling!), Indie Yoga provides a variety of classes in a positive atmosphere that will further your practice!
- CrossFit Hillcrest – Hillcrest, San Diego – Hands down, this gym offers one of the best boot camps I have ever participated in! CrossFit Hillcrest is especially good for the athlete who is a little timid of the barbell. Their boot camp classes here have all of the benefits of CrossFit, but with more simple yet very effective movements, like bodyweight exercises, Kettlebells, jumping, running, rowing, and climbing. Are you ready to get sweaty?
- Downtown Pilates and Fitness – Downtown San Diego – This quaint pilates studio is beautiful, bright and airy! But don’t let that fool you… Your muscles will be on fire in no time! With awesome instructors who provide very thorough instruction, classes at Downtown Pilates and Fitness offer attention to detail to help students with proper Pilates form.
- Yoga Del Mar- Sorrento – Sorrento Valley, San Diego – This fantastic, high-quality studio provides intimate alignment-based yoga classes. The classes here are truly unique, providing you with consistent progress in balance, strength and stress reduction. As a student, you will better your practice each and every time.
What class will you try? What new studio will you check out? Let us know!